Ebay deals

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Adam Eterno

Re: Ebay deals

Post by Adam Eterno »

Another Ebay £1 maximum selling fee for items loaded today, the 7th and tomorrow

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Ebay £1 maximum selling fee for items loaded today through until Monday 22nd October

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

On top of the £1 selling offer, there's another 10% off buying code until 8pm tonight, the 19th. The code is PUMPKINS

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

No good for comics (unless under collectables) but I'm sure we're all spending more than usual all over the place this month!

I have not tried this yet.

This coupon is a 10% discount valid from 10:00am UK local time on 9th December 2018 until 00:00am UK local time on 10th December 2018 on purchases on eBay.co.uk in selected categories.

Simply make a purchase of £20 or more on eBay.co.uk in one of the following eligible categories:

Fashion
Home & Garden
Sports & Leisure
Collectables
Health & Beauty
Vehicle parts & accessories
Toys
Home Entertainment
and pay with PayPal, credit card, or debit card. This coupon excludes Electronics category.

Enter coupon code PEACHY at checkout when prompted. The maximum discount you can receive is £50 per redemption and you are limited to two redemptions.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I'm not sure whether this will work on comics but books and collectables are mentioned so possibly:

Some restrictions

Redeeming your coupon

This coupon is a 10% discount valid from 10:00am UK local time on 18th December 2018 until 11:59pm UK local time on 18th December 2018 on purchases on eBay.co.uk in selected categories, unless cancelled earlier in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.

How to redeem your coupon:

Simply make a purchase of £20 or more on eBay.co.uk in one of the following eligible categories:

Fashion
Home & Garden
Sports & Leisure
Collectables (excluding Coins, Banknotes & Bullion)
Health & Beauty
Vehicle Parts & Accessories
Toys
Books, DVDs, & Music
and pay with PayPal, credit card, or debit card.

Enter coupon code PINECONE at checkout when prompted. The maximum discount you can receive is £50 per redemption and you are limited to two redemptions.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Received this message from eBay yesterday.

On 3rd March 2019, eBay is making it free to list for private sellers.
For private sellers with no shop:
From 3rd March you’ll receive a whopping 1,000 Free Listings a month. Currently your Free Listings cover 1 and 3 day duration listings. After the change, if you choose to list for these shorter durations, you’ll be charged a Special duration listing upgrade fee of £0.35, regardless of the number of listings you’ve used.
These changes exclude Classified Ad listings and items listed in the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles category.
For private sellers with a shop:
From 3rd March you’ll receive the same benefits and conditions as private sellers without a shop. Additionally, you’ll receive 100 free listings with 1 and 3 day Special duration listing upgrade, after that each listing costs £0.35.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Received this message from eBay yesterday.

On 3rd March 2019, eBay is making it free to list for private sellers.
For private sellers with no shop:
From 3rd March you’ll receive a whopping 1,000 Free Listings a month. Currently your Free Listings cover 1 and 3 day duration listings. After the change, if you choose to list for these shorter durations, you’ll be charged a Special duration listing upgrade fee of £0.35, regardless of the number of listings you’ve used.
These changes exclude Classified Ad listings and items listed in the Cars, Motorcycles & Vehicles category.
For private sellers with a shop:
From 3rd March you’ll receive the same benefits and conditions as private sellers without a shop. Additionally, you’ll receive 100 free listings with 1 and 3 day Special duration listing upgrade, after that each listing costs £0.35.
Cheers Steve. I received the same. I hope it means I can load more as I keep running out of slots!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i put all mine on 7 day listings as i thought it was free does it mean i'm being charged or will i be charged if i don't change to 1 or 3 day listings.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I've now received a message saying I have to add tracking details. But I send all my packages as standard post. It's an annoyance.

How do you get a tracking number?

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

stevezodiac wrote:I've now received a message saying I have to add tracking details. But I send all my packages as standard post. It's an annoyance.

you have to pay £1 extra as i send all mine signature on delivery which they give you a tracking number for

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:I've now received a message saying I have to add tracking details. But I send all my packages as standard post. It's an annoyance.

I received the same email but i think it doesn't mean that you have to pay the extra for Signed for although if it does, the cost will just be passed on to the buyer.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Ebay £1 max selling cost is back on for Sunday and Monday listings

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I was under the impression you were now obliged to provide a tracking number but my mate Steve says his interpretation is that you need to provide the tracking number only if you have one. I send low value stuff by standard postage as you have to be at home to receive signed for items.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Official ebay announcement - 'The requirement to upload tracking information only applies to items being sent via a tracked service.'

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Be careful if you're taking advantage of the £1 max selling fees tomorrow, its not effective until 5pm !!