Ebay - you want how much for it???

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Adam Eterno

Re: Ebay - you want how much for it???

Post by Adam Eterno »

colcool007 wrote:Don't get me wrong, but I would love to get this display unit for the house. But at that price? I would have to be on serious drugs to pay even a tenth of that price.
You could buy a very good copy of #1 for that!

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

While I used to love finding comic racks and spinners full of comics in local newsagents, I quickly realised that the bottom of the comic was often damaged, just by it sitting on 2 narrow pieces of metal.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Here's another one. Whoopee! No. 1 for £100?????? :shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHOOPEE-No1-V ... SwfRdZIEqH

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

blaing wrote:Here's another one. Whoopee! No. 1 for £100?????? :shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WHOOPEE-No1-V ... SwfRdZIEqH
Look at the prices he wants for his Pow! comics and Terrific comics!

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

I'm rich! I'm rich !! (Ahem)

babington

Post by babington »

2000AD prog. 149 sold in an eBay auction today for... £311!

What's up with that? It's the first appearance of Judge Death and Judge Anderson (I think) so it's a significant issue, but £311 worth? There was a TV series announced recently but...

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

babington wrote:2000AD prog. 149 sold in an eBay auction today for... £311!

What's up with that? It's the first appearance of Judge Death and Judge Anderson (I think) so it's a significant issue, but £311 worth? There was a TV series announced recently but...
Dafu...! :shock:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Adam Eterno wrote:Look at the prices he wants for his Pow! comics and Terrific comics!
I'd be more concerned by the seller's p&p charges. I don't think £9.50 for 90 issues of Judge Dredd is exorbitant, but the same amount to post 8 issues of Pow!? That smells like a rip-off to me.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I cannot remember the exact details but my mate Steve said a copy of the Beano sold for over £200 last week. It was the issue featured on the cover of the Bluesbreakers album featuring Eric Clapton. Even if it was the exact same copy I can't see it being worth that much.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

stevezodiac wrote:I cannot remember the exact details but my mate Steve said a copy of the Beano sold for over £200 last week. It was the issue featured on the cover of the Bluesbreakers album featuring Eric Clapton. Even if it was the exact same copy I can't see it being worth that much.
it was Phil Shrimpton's auction which always seems to attract way over the odds bids,yes he provides an excellent service but i think people over bid just because of the name ,hes like a top brand on ebay or something

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

if this goes for this price ill sell mine for £180 :lol: and i dont sell any comics.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/THE-BIG-ONE-1 ... Sw-3FZGx2t

irishjohnp

Post by irishjohnp »

big bad bri wrote:
stevezodiac wrote:I cannot remember the exact details but my mate Steve said a copy of the Beano sold for over £200 last week. It was the issue featured on the cover of the Bluesbreakers album featuring Eric Clapton. Even if it was the exact same copy I can't see it being worth that much.
it was Phil Shrimpton's auction which always seems to attract way over the odds bids,yes he provides an excellent service but i think people over bid just because of the name ,hes like a top brand on ebay or something
Phil has built up a good client base over the years and appears to be bang on for his grading as well as providing a good service. I've even seen some people use his name as part of a search tag in thier listings too. That Beano comic always sells for a high amount although that might be a record for that last sale.
He starts in bidding start price low & gets in the bids. Alot of sellers could learn from him.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I really wish ebay had a comments section or you could give a thumbs up or laughter emoji as this lot should be in the bin never mind having a £9 start price :lol:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beano-Vintage ... SwhMFXkjVI

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

big bad bri wrote:I really wish ebay had a comments section or you could give a thumbs up or laughter emoji as this lot should be in the bin never mind having a £9 start price :lol:
This is aimed at the crafty types as decoupage is a big thing and when done properly, it can be stunning to look at. One of the stalls at Glenrothes has had their mannequin done that way and I spent more time checking out the mannequin than I did checking what they were selling! :lol:
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

SID

Post by SID »

big bad bri wrote:I really wish ebay had a comments section or you could give a thumbs up or laughter emoji as this lot should be in the bin never mind having a £9 start price :lol:
Just rubbish I know but it would be funnier if they sold.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).