JACK O' JUSTICE OR DIANA DAUNTLESS..

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

Further to my last enquiry about "Diana Dauntless" I had a sudden burst of inspiration..or something......The strip may have been called "Jack o' justice" and "Diana Dauntless" was his assistant.... Any help would still be appreciated..... Thanks....... Stu....

Originally posted by Stu on the old forum on 23/06/2002

Old Forum Fella

There was a strip called Jack O'Justice which appeared in the Valiant in the 1960's. And he did have a female partner / sidekick, although in the only sample of the strip I have, her name is Moll Moonlight, not Diana Dauntless (although I have only the one issue with him in it, so he may have had more than one partner during his run). I have a brief entry for him and her on my website, at http://www.internationalhero.co.uk, in the UK section, General Comic Book Characters, Sixties page.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 24/06/2002

Old Forum Fella

Do you remember an enemy of Jack O'Justice called Silas Loring?

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 31/08/2002

Old Forum Fella

Literally only found this out yesterday. Jack O'Justice was a strip in Valiant that initially used reprinted Dick Turpin strips from SUN, before moving on to newly commisioned stuff later in its run. It ran from 1962 to 1966, when it was replaced by Jack Justice, his modern day ancestor. Jack O'Justice was partnered with Moll Moonlight. Jack Justice was partnered with Diana Dauntless. And Jack O'Justice faced a villain called Silas Loring between 20 March 1965 and 3 July 1965, but I don't know anything more the villain than that.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 07/09/2002

Old Forum Fella

One villain was called The Fang and looked abit like a wolf on 2 legs
Hope this helps :)

Originally posted by Andy on the old forum on 01/01/2006