Gerry Anderson feature offer for 'Comics International'

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Shaqui

Gerry Anderson feature offer for 'Comics International'

Post by Shaqui »

i hope Al or the moderators don't mind me posting this here... I gather editor Mike Conroy approached Al directly but with the publication date rapidly nearing I'm taking the liberty of posting this on the forum:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
COMICS INTERNATIONAL MAKES SPECIAL OFFER TO GERRY ANDERSON FANS

EUROPES LEADING TRADE PAPER Comics International is to continue its unique coverage of classic TV SF in British comics with six instalments devoted to the shows of Gerry Anderson.

Written by Shaqui Le Vesconte, an expert on Anderson in comics, this mammoth and exhaustive series is to showcase artwork by some of the worlds top illustrators who brought the fantastic worlds of International Rescue and Spectrum to life on the page, including such greats as Frank Bellamy, Ron Embleton and Mike Noble.

This special series begins in CI #205 (March 2008) under a special tribute cover [see above], with an overview of Andersons 45-year long association with comics. With each succeeding 100-page issue also featuring an appropriate Anderson cover, Part 2 (CI #206) focuses on the early years spotlighting Four Feather Falls, Supercar, Fireball XL5 and Stingray in the 60s weekly, TV Comic.

Part 3 (#207) is dedicated to the many strip incarnations of Thunderbirds while Part 4 (#208) features Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons and everyones favourite programmable boy genius, Joe 90. Comics based on Andersons live action projects, UFO, Space:1999 and others are explored in Part 5 (#209) while Part 6 (#210) wraps it all up with a look at Project SWORD, Agent 21, Starcruiser and those other Anderson concepts seen only in comics form.

Andersons many creations have not just appeared in British titles. His vivid futures hold global appeal to young and old alike. Accordingly, the six-parter will also explore various international editions.

Cosmic Publications is offering Gerry Anderson devotees an exclusive a money-saving opportunity to have these six special issues delivered direct to their door every month as they come off the presses. Not only is it dropping its usual 12-issue minimum, but it is offering six issues for the price of five! Get #205-210 for just 15 (19 first class) in the UK; mainland Europe 25/36; rest of the world $60 (air)/$46 (surface).