steel claw in America

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

steve

steel claw in America

Post by steve »

In the 80's, Quality Comics repackaged old Fleetway yarns such as the Steel Claw and others. The original stories were framed with art by Gary Leach and various artists. Does anyone know how they were received. I imagine they can not have been as popular as, say Miracleman as they didn't last long. The four-issue Claw mini advertises a sequel which I don't think ever saw print. Anyone got any info on these comics?

steelclaw
DC Skelton

steel claw in America

Post by steelclaw »

Being a born again collector I didn't know these American Steel claw reprints existed until I saw them for sale on ebay, which I now have.
I would be interested if sequels were printed.

[img:400:274]http://i1.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/68/35/d9_1_b.JPG[/img]

Earl

steel claw in America

Post by Earl »

Those are UK published comics, not American, although some copies were distributed to the US for sale, hence both the Cents and Sterling prices on the covers. The were published by Dez Skinn who currently publishes Comics International. They also published Warrior.

Earl.

chrissmillie

steel claw in America

Post by chrissmillie »

His next project was going to be Missing Link/ Johnny Future but events took a different turn.

Also, Dez produced a number of US sized Eagle Comics, starring the 2000AD crowd (Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, Spellbinders) and old Fleetway fave Cursitor Doom, renamed Amadeus Wolf, for Spellbinders comic.

Chris
STARSCAPE
http://www.StarscapeComic.co.uk
Classic British reprints and all-new comics