NEW WHO COMIC

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

Post by Old Forum Fella »

The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine reports a new fortnightly Doctor Who comic, ?1.99 with a free gift with every issue,for 6-12 year boys called Doctor Who Adventures from the BBC in the spring.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 5/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

Interesting. Is this the one Future Publishing were up for?

Hope the strip remains in DWM as well though.

Originally posted by Lew Stringer on the old forum on 5/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

they said it will carry on the strip......

Originally posted by Peter Gray on the old forum on 6/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

DWA will be published by BBC Magazines.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 6/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

As it is some time since I was particularly interested in the launch of a new comic I was wondering how they do it today - do they still advertise new comics on TV or have advertisements in other comics? Also back in the sixties and seventies companies producing Doctor Who merchandise (Palitoy, Denys Fisher, Weetabix, etc) would advertise in comics or offer their items to the comics for competitions; has this happened for any new series merchandise?

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 8/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

This has been discussed here recently. Comics haven't been advertised on tv for many years, apart from a couple of exceptions. However as Dr Who Adventures is a BBC mag expect it to be trailed on tv after the new series starts in the Spring.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 9/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

Apparently the Doctor Who strips will be continuing in Doctor Who Magazine, so there will be two publications with a Doctor Who strip. The only other occasions I can think of when two comic strip adaptations of the same series appeared in different comics simultaneously were when Tom and Jerry appeared in both TV Comic and the short-lived Tom and Jerry Weekly. (The former were drawn by TV Comic?s own artists, the latter were American reprints.) And Tom and Jerry Weekly was eventually incorporated into TV Comic. And the equally short-lived Beeb magazine (which I think would have lasted longer if they had been able to have a Doctor Who comic strip) ran a Bananaman strip, which was also still running in The Dandy. What?s the betting that in twenty-six years time Doctor Who Adventures will be like Doctor Who Magazine is now, while Doctor Who Magazine will be a magazine for pensioners?

Originally posted by Clive on the old forum on 29/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

NEW WHO COMIC

Me, I was quite chuffed to read a quote from TV series maestro Russell T Davies saying that the new title will be more like the original Doctor Who Weekly... Dez Skinn (who launched Doctor Who Weekly back in 1979!)

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 15/2/2006

steelclaw
DC Skelton

NEW WHO COMIC

Post by steelclaw »

Spring starts on March 20th, Less then 3 weeks to go for the New Dr Who mag. :lol:

steve

NEW WHO COMIC

Post by steve »

There has been another character who was featured in two comics at the same time. Dr Who. In the seventies he was in TV Comic and Countdown/TV Action.