Reply to topic  [ 6856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428 ... 458  Next
What comics did you buy today? 
Author Message

Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 10:35
Posts: 250
Reply with quote
Adam Eterno wrote:
I had the "What, more comics!?" look this morning after the Postman had been.... :lol:


I love to see that sight on my doormat. I sometimes don't open them right away, I like to get my jobs done first (dogs walked, maybe lunch prepared or hoovering done) then open them slowly and carefully making sure there's no bits of sellotape going to stick onto any of the comics. Great stuff, I love it !!!


02 May 2018, 16:46
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 18:06
Posts: 3708
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
Two batches of Football PSMs will be winging their way to me from Kenton Road. The annoying thing is that I am buying them from a charity shop that I always checked every time I went past and they rarely had anything for me!

Now that I am living over 400 miles away, they seem to always have ruddy comics for sale! :lol: :lol:

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


02 May 2018, 21:43
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5235
Reply with quote
colcool007 wrote:
Two batches of Football PSMs will be winging their way to me from Kenton Road. The annoying thing is that I am buying them from a charity shop that I always checked every time I went past and they rarely had anything for me! Now that I am living over 400 miles away, they seem to always have ruddy comics for sale!
I do hope you added a suitably generous donation to the charity, Col, in addition to the cost of the PSMs and their p&p costs. Where is Kenton Road anyway?


02 May 2018, 22:29
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1546
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
big bad bri wrote:
4 volumes of the James Bond omnibus newspaper strip reprints only £2.99 each in forbidden planet sale.

Good buys. I love the books. :)

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


03 May 2018, 00:00
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Posts: 1265
Location: Southampton/London
Reply with quote
Hawkeye wrote:
Adam Eterno wrote:
I had the "What, more comics!?" look this morning after the Postman had been.... :lol:


I love to see that sight on my doormat. I sometimes don't open them right away, I like to get my jobs done first (dogs walked, maybe lunch prepared or hoovering done) then open them slowly and carefully making sure there's no bits of sellotape going to stick onto any of the comics. Great stuff, I love it !!!


Funny you say that as it's a really enjoyable ritual for me too. The postie only delivered them 15 minutes before I set off to London for the day yesterday and I didnt get back until 2am this morning so after clearing a backlog of work this morning, I took a very enjoyable hour out opening my parcels as well as another 3 delivered this morning. It's like being a kid at Christmas!


03 May 2018, 16:12
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 18:06
Posts: 3708
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
Two batches of Football PSMs will be winging their way to me from Kenton Road. The annoying thing is that I am buying them from a charity shop that I always checked every time I went past and they rarely had anything for me! Now that I am living over 400 miles away, they seem to always have ruddy comics for sale!
I do hope you added a suitably generous donation to the charity, Col, in addition to the cost of the PSMs and their p&p costs. Where is Kenton Road anyway?

Harrow and it runs from there to the A5.

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


03 May 2018, 17:22
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: 27 Mar 2008, 21:15
Posts: 5235
Reply with quote
colcool007 wrote:
Harrow and it runs from there to the A5.
Thank you, Col. I must admit that I don't recall ever visiting Harrow, although having located it on page 28 of my Great Britain Road Atlas 2004, I have noticed two things. First, it is not all that far away from Barnet, where you used to live, and secondly it is very much closer to a town called Kingsbury, whose imaginary counterpart was the setting in THE ROVER for the 1949/50 text serial Nick Smith's Ragged Rovers. The one thing I haven't yet spotted is the A5. I can see the A1, the A3, even the A40, where Perivale was frequently my exit point as I made for Ealing Broadway. At that time I would always park on Ealing Common, where there were no parking charges, and take the tube into central London to go about whatever business had taken me there, almost certainly buying story papers. Fun times, great days. Who needs the A5 anyway? Perhaps someone has pinched it. :lol:


03 May 2018, 18:39
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1546
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
Got a good deal off eBay for a full year of The Topper (1973).

My childhood beckons. :settee:

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


04 May 2018, 10:19
Profile YIM

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1697
Reply with quote
Got most of the free comic book day stuff inc the 2 dr who covers signed by the writer and artist and the 2000ad signed by 10 of the staff who worked on that one


05 May 2018, 19:55
Profile
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1546
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
SID wrote:
big bad bri wrote:
4 volumes of the James Bond omnibus newspaper strip reprints only £2.99 each in forbidden planet sale.

Good buys. I love the books. :)

Went to Forbidden Planet today and bought Volume 6 which I didn't have.

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


05 May 2018, 20:20
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Posts: 1546
Location: Mancave.
Reply with quote
Also from Newcastle Forbidden Planet, I got a load of free comics (Free Comic Day) including 2000AD Regened. Great read.

_________________
Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.


05 May 2018, 20:21
Profile YIM

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1697
Reply with quote
SID wrote:
SID wrote:
big bad bri wrote:
4 volumes of the James Bond omnibus newspaper strip reprints only £2.99 each in forbidden planet sale.

Good buys. I love the books. :)

Went to Forbidden Planet today and bought Volume 6 which I didn't have.

they only had 4 vols so ill probably have to pay full price for the 2 missing ones vols 4 & 5


05 May 2018, 20:49
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 18:06
Posts: 3708
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
My haul from FCBD 2018 was Ian Hislop's Battle For Britain which was published in 1987. In the same shop, I eventually tracked down a copy of the Dudley D Watkins' version of Kidnapped.

I then visited one of our LCS and picked up a couple of FBCD freebies and did my bit to support them by buying the hardback release of Hookjaw. I will let you know what it is like when I get it away from Karen!

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


05 May 2018, 22:10
Profile WWW
Throgmorton

Joined: 01 Mar 2006, 20:00
Posts: 2278
Reply with quote
2000AD FCBD edition was all gone from the Belfast FPI (again) but I did get:
Bongo Free for all
Comicscene issue 0
Barrier (by Brian K Vaughan, Marcos Martin and Muntsa Vicente)

I could have picked up Rok of the Reds issue 1, but I've had my copy for two years :)

While I was there, I got Judge Dredd Year 1 and Year 2, and Welcome to Nu Earth.


05 May 2018, 22:50
Profile WWW

Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50
Posts: 1697
Reply with quote
looking through my bags i got a few all star batman 1 .harley quinn 25th anniversary special and venom 150 fp variant covers chucked in for free.so a good day


05 May 2018, 23:04
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 6856 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 422, 423, 424, 425, 426, 427, 428 ... 458  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.