PRICING COMICS AND ANNUALS

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I'm trying to find a good price guide for British comics and annuals. I believe there used to be one that went tits up a few years back. There's also one being auctioned on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... gory=16135). I would assume as there is no longer a large UK comic market, there would no longer be a need for an up to date price guide, so would I be okay buying one that's a couple years old and extrapolating the price...? Anyone ever used Hamer and is it any good?

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 03/02/2003

Old Forum Fella

Hi there. There's a GREAT little price guide for British Annuals available. Quite a few pics and covers pretty much everything produced in the UK: Bond, Gerry Anderson, TV annuals, Beano, Dandy, IPC, Fleetway, Marvel, Battle, Lion and on and on. 1950-2001. Bought a copy last year... WELL WORTH SEEKING OUT. Greens Guide to collecting TV, MUSIC & COMIC BOOK ANNUALS ISBN 0 9538768 0 2 Price 14.95 Features UK and US prices. As far as UK comics go, hmmmmm, not sure. There was a really nice little guide available late 70's early 80's by Alan Austin. Then the UK Comic Book Price guide came out, but Duncan McAlpine stopped producing this publication a while back. Not sure why (work commitments if I remember correctly).... I'll try and remember to ask him why it stopped next time I speak to him. I too would be keen to purchase such a book if you manage to find a new publication. Anyway, think you'll be more than happy with the little annual book. Hope this helps. Andy

Originally posted by Andy J on the old forum on 03/02/2003

Old Forum Fella

Thanks, Andy J. Any idea where I might get a copy of that book? Amazon only has "Greens Guide to Environmental Law in Scotland", which, as interesting as it sounds, isn't really what I'm looking for ;)

I live in Ireland, so I'd be surprised if any of our stupid bookshops over here would stock it, so I think online is my only way to go.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 03/02/2003

Old Forum Fella

Hi again. Just managed to find the book on Amazon.co.uk and it's only 11.99, which must be a bargain. Anyway, here's the address:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0953876802
Shouldn't be a prob getting it to Ireland, although might be a wee bit more on postage.
Cheers. Andy

Originally posted by Andy on the old forum on 03/02/2003

Old Forum Fella

Woah, thanks. Strange it didn't show on the search for the title, but since you went to the trouble of getting the ISBN for me, I really should have used that. Thanks for your help. It's in my basket...

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 04/02/2003

Earl

Post by Earl »

ComicsPriceGuide.com provides listings for most British Comics. Pricing is on the conservative side in most cases.

Earl.