Christmas Post

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Kashgar
Guru

Christmas Post

Post by Kashgar »

In all the years I was growing up and receiving the D C Thomson annuals as must have presents one character who always greeted me on Xmas morning in the pages of the Topper Book was the walrus-moustachioed purveyor of Her Majesty's mail Postie Knox. What made him such a part of festive season was the fact he never appeared at any other time, certainly not in the weekly comic (he had appeared regularly as a character in several of Thomson's adult papers but as a child I wasn't privvy to that fact) and yet, year after year at Xmas, there he was sorting out his postal delivery problems in a few panels deftly drawn, as I learned years later, by Artie Jackson.
So, in keeping with the season, tomorrow I'll pick out a nice vintage 1960's Topper book from my collection and give old Postie Knox a read. Happy Xmas Every One! And may your God go with you.