HELP ME IDENTIFY THIS 50S/60S COMIC ANNUAL

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I have faint memories of reading a British annual in the early 60s. It came from a jumble sale so was probably a 50s or 60s publication.

It featured characters having adventures in underground caverns (in the style of Journey to the centre of the Earth perhaps) liberally populated with candy cane stalactites and featuring wasp like baddies menacing the heroes. Its these 2 details that stand out.

These are old childhood memories, not much to go on but does it rung a bell with anyone? I can't even begin to know how to search as I don't have character names or an annual name to go on.

Originally posted by Ed on the old forum on 12/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

Only story I can think about is "The Terrible Trail To Tolmec" this was in Jet comic in 1971 so it can't be this, they got chassed by wasps and giants etc,Doctor Wolfgang Stranger Tom Taylor and Troll the manservant were making the journey.

Originally posted by Frog on the old forum on 12/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

Sorry it was in "Thunder comic in 1970"

Originally posted by Frog on the old forum on 12/1/2006