MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I am trying to compile a list of all the Marvel UK comics ever published. I have posted the current version of my list at: Earl?s Marvel UK research listing Any corrections are welcome. Regards Earl.

http://www.members.aol.com/EarlJDavis/Marvel_UK.html

Originally posted by Earl on the old forum on 27/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Pretty impressive work there Earl - I lost track with what UK Marvel was producing in th elate 70s )oh I feel so old) Nothing to add just some petty stuff the full title of "Spider-man" 1973 onwards was "Spider-Man Comics Weekly. Also yiou have Conan vol 1 and Vol 2 but these were not Vol 1 and 2 instead it was Savage Sword of Conan (weekly) then when that packed in it was Savage Sword of Conan (Monthly) according to my titles no Vol 2 (just Vol1 on the Monthly).The only other comment I have is was Marvel Comic not a totally different title from Mighty World of Marvel ? did that not become a monthly?

Originally posted by Paul on the old forum on 29/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Well I'll reply for Earl. Mighty World of Marvel reverted back to paper covers - losing the Hulk, Daredevil, the Fantastic Four and, no doubt, readers and replacing them with SHIELD, Godzilla, Kull and other average stuff - at the same time Super Spider-Man became Spider-Man again and Hulk comic was set up.

It then became Marvel Super-Heroes (Champions, original X-Men, Avengers later Captain Britain). Finally there was an all-new look (card covers, colour pages) Mighty World of Marvel vol.2 with the X-Men as the main feature. Now of course, there's a MWOM vol. 3 from Panini featuring Hulk and Miller's Daredevil.

Chris

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 30/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Meant to say, it was called Marvel Comic during the paper cover phase.

Originally posted by Anonymous on the old forum on 30/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Ahh now some of that actually rings a bell with me now, a pretty complicated history for the old MWOM title - thanks for the info Supes.

Originally posted by Paul on the old forum on 31/07/2003

Old Forum Fella

MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Thanks for the help.

It's amazing how many Marvel UK titles there were. Also some are very hard to find. Plenty of the 70's Superhero stuff on e-bay but try putting together a set of Acorn Green or Care Bears.

Regards Earl

Originally posted by Earl on the old forum on 17/09/2003

Old Forum Fella

MARVEL UK RESEARCH

Wow! What a list! After a quick glance - There were two A-Team specials, the first (in the square-bound format) reprinted issues 1&2 of the Marvel USa mini-series. The second, in 'comics' format with slightly more glossey paper than the weeklies, reprinted the third and final Marvel US issue. Not comics but Marvel UK also published a one-shot magazine called Playback (a general cult tv magazine) that was intended to be followed-up with regular monthly but plans were dropped when the management changed and magazines, other than WHO, were dropped. There were two Defenders of the Earth specials, reprinting issues 3&4 of the American Marvel/ Star Comics run. Issues 1&2 were reprinted in the DotE annual. There was a Droids special, as far as I can tell seperate to the monthly run, which reprinted issue 1 of the American title. I don't know if appeared before or after the main Droids run.

Originally posted by Jon on the old forum on 21/10/2003