Ripley's Believe It Or Not

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Ripley's Believe It Or Not

Post by stevezodiac »

Which comic had the Ripley's articles in it? I'm sure it was Valiant but not 100%. A year or two back I remember seeing a Ripley's Believe It Or Not Annual in Smiths and picked it up expecting to see those lovely drawings but was very disappointed to see they had been replaced by photos and technical style drawings. Anyone know who the artist was and did he work in comics at all?

What reminded me was I'm listening to Danny Baker right now and he keeps coming up with these amazing facts such as The Sun is 400 times bigger than the Moon but is exactly 400 times further away which is why they appear the same size in our sky and solar eclipses are a perfect fit. He also mentioned a football match in Crotia where the ref gave a player a yellow card for diving before realising the player had, in fact, dropped down dead.

PS Robert Robinson has died, he of Ask The Family and Call My Bluff fame. I always liked his delivery.

Just had to dive for the radio dial and change channels as the universally disliked Colin Murray has come on Five Live. Aargh! Turned the dial too far and went to Absolute instead of LBC and had the misfortune to hear a trailer for Ian Wright's show. Why does anybody employ this moron?