YOUR FIRST UK COMIC

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Old Forum Fella

YOUR FIRST UK COMIC

Post by Old Forum Fella »

the first comics i remember buying myself was a pile of cheeky's from a local jumble sale,but i know my mum used to buy me beano ,buster etc

Originally posted by John britton on the old forum on 22/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

YOUR FIRST UK COMIC

Yeah, it was the western character though, not the guy on the bike with flaming skull. Ringo Kid and the Phantom were also in there.

Originally posted by Steve on the old forum on 27/1/2006

Old Forum Fella

YOUR FIRST UK COMIC

yeh i remember, i used to have thousands of comics.and with those marvel heroes, they had ghost rider ect,i think mickey,s moonbugs was in there,all re print that i used to have to alter to fit tv 21 format. we used to use a grant projector in those days. when i had to help with the mock ups . mike noble was another favourite of mine, i used to have copies of his art on a fantastic photo copy machine that was in the studio that copied them the same size. i used to open the letters that fans sent in to ,that was part of my job.the boss at that time was leonard mathews and velio vuolo. we did other comics to i remember, great time.

Originally posted by John britton on the old forum on 27/1/2006