I saw Bananaman today

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

I saw Bananaman today

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, you read that thread title right. I was in town and saw Bananaman walking around Currys. Must've been somebody cosplaying to raise money for Children in Need. Anyone else seen people around dressed as Bananaman or any other comic character (him and Dennis the Menace are the most likely because there's official costumes)?

big bad bri

Re: I saw Bananaman today

Post by big bad bri »

I didn't think bananaman was that well known to have an official costume. :lol: I think i was the only one at school to buy nutty as all my mates were hardcore IPC/Fleetway buyers & then Marvel & DC

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It was the 1983 cartoon that shot him to fame, not Nutty comic, so he's a lot more well known than you'd think. That's why he moved to the Dandy when Nutty closed, and to the Beano this year. Nutty and Dandy have fallen by the wayside, yet Bananaman is so well known, that he lives on.

Dunder Ed

Post by Dunder Ed »

I didn't see any comic characters but I did see 3 people dressed up as Crayons.