Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
The Forward Who Came Back 
Guru

I've had a phone call from a bookshop owner friend, asking me if I can let him know in which comic or story paper The Forward Who Came Back appeared, and when. It sounds like a football or rugby tale, but his potential customer didn't give any indication as to whether it was a serial or a complete, a text story or a picture strip, nor did he suggest even an era. The title doesn't immediately ring any bells with me, so it is possible that it appeared in a non-Thomson title, where my knowledge is limited. It's a big canvas, but if anybody can help identify it, I/we would appreciate it.

04 Nov 2013, 13:50

There was a football strip in the new TV21 & Joe 90 called Forward From The Back Streets which sounds similar - maybe his memory of the title is foggy.

04 Nov 2013, 13:52
Guru

Thanks, Steve. I'll keep that one in mind. The enquirer would certainly seem to be lacking some clarity in the brain cells area. He must be assuming that the shop owner has read all the books and comics he has for sale. I haven't even read all the ones I've bought, and compared with shop stock, my collection is minuscule.

04 Nov 2013, 14:55
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]