The Forward Who Came Back

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

The Forward Who Came Back

Post by Phoenix »

I've had a phone call from a bookshop owner friend, asking me if I can let him know in which comic or story paper The Forward Who Came Back appeared, and when. It sounds like a football or rugby tale, but his potential customer didn't give any indication as to whether it was a serial or a complete, a text story or a picture strip, nor did he suggest even an era. The title doesn't immediately ring any bells with me, so it is possible that it appeared in a non-Thomson title, where my knowledge is limited. It's a big canvas, but if anybody can help identify it, I/we would appreciate it.

stevezodiac

Re: The Forward Who Came Back

Post by stevezodiac »

There was a football strip in the new TV21 & Joe 90 called Forward From The Back Streets which sounds similar - maybe his memory of the title is foggy.

Phoenix
Guru

Re: The Forward Who Came Back

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks, Steve. I'll keep that one in mind. The enquirer would certainly seem to be lacking some clarity in the brain cells area. He must be assuming that the shop owner has read all the books and comics he has for sale. I haven't even read all the ones I've bought, and compared with shop stock, my collection is minuscule.