THe Broons

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

THe Broons

Post by Hawkeye »

You know how a thought sometimes just jumps into your head for no obvious reason?

I've just had a page from a Broons book drawn by DDW with 3 twins in the same scene flash before my eyes. Did that really happen or was it a dream?

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: THe Broons

Post by AndyB »

I’m quite sure you’re right. I have a vague memory, and it probably involved Oor Wullie pretending to be a third twin, being the right size.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

It's not a Dudley D Watkins one but was done in the mid-1980s. The punchline was that it was all for a fancy dress party.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

colcool007 wrote:It's not a Dudley D Watkins one but was done in the mid-1980s. The punchline was that it was all for a fancy dress party.
I was thinking of getting all my old Broons annuals out and going through them. I'm sure the one I think I saw was 50s or 60s.

I've got a heap of comics to sort out first them I might have a look. I'm not doubting your word, I just need to have a check to convince myself.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Are the Broons and Oor Willie strips currently in the Sunday Post reprints?

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

No Steve. They are all new, complete with artist and writer credits these days.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

stevezodiac wrote:Are the Broons and Oor Willie strips currently in the Sunday Post reprints?
I rarely get the Sunday Post these days, but if I do I make a point of NOT reading Wullie or The Broons. Seeing Wullie with a mobile phone just makes me feel sick. I know newspapers have to keep up with the times and all that, but come on !!!!!!!!!!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Three twins !
Attachments
twins.jpg