Launch of a new blog

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Re: Launch of a new blog

Post by philcom55 »

On the subject of motorcycling heroes I always liked Geoff Campion's Lion covers which featured Zip Nolan. They kind of remind me of the classic cult film Electra Glide In Blue!
Attachments
1094686.jpg

matrix

Post by matrix »

No worries Col I understand how time consuming running a blog can be. That was a nice pun by the way, so to save you digging around for Digger Dan I will scan it on here for you.

The Zip Nolan covers and stories are really good. I like the x-bow covers in 'Hotspur' as well, any idea who did those? That is what I like about collecting a theme you get to see so many different titles.
Attachments
Scan_20161217.jpg

matrix

Post by matrix »

I'm glad it was Electra Glide in Blue and not Chips Phil! Just touching on that reminded me of a 'Saturday evening post' that I picked up for the motorcycle artwork on the cover. "The artist Stevan Dohanos searched far and wide across America looking for a special kind of motorcycle to paint". "I just had to have a blue and silver one". He eventually found one in Conneticut.
I guess it is easy to forget how much attention to detail some artists go to, before painting the perfect picture!
Attachments
Scan_20161217.2.jpg

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

My latest blog article is a cry for help. If anyone can identify any of these artists, it will be seriously appreciated.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Here is a Cheeky link to my latest article on the dummy issue of Cheeky.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!