If I'd as much money as I could spend..................

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Hawkeye

If I'd as much money as I could spend..................

Post by Hawkeye »

I would buy the Ally Sloper Award of Merit, presented to Captain Robert Scott in 1909, 'Because he is a brave explorer and deserves success'. For sale on AbeBooks for a mere £593.05.

Anyone else have any dreams?

Adam Eterno

Re: If I'd as much money as I could spend..................

Post by Adam Eterno »

Hawkeye wrote:I would buy the Ally Sloper Award of Merit, presented to Captain Robert Scott in 1909, 'Because he is a brave explorer and deserves success'. For sale on AbeBooks for a mere £593.05.

Anyone else have any dreams?
I wonder how it ended up in Austria? It was sold at Christies 7 years ago along with 3 other certificates for £500 in total so I can only assume the buyer was from Austria.

SID

Re: If I'd as much money as I could spend..................

Post by SID »

Easy.

I would:

* Complete all my comic collections.
* Buy all of David Pugh's Dan Dare artwork.
* Finish collecting all of the Robert Harrop Dandy figures.
* Buy all the Fleetway annuals.

But saying that, the fun is in the collecting so maybe just the Dan Dare artwork.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).