AD BREAK

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

abacus

AD BREAK

Post by abacus »

Having a tidy up and came across this comic by KP FOODS. and I assume it was given away free with some product
A more subtle advert came with the Heinz 57 logo on the certificate at the back of this comicImage
Finally aren't the ads in those old annuals great.I think ads seem to improve with ageImageu
Well my tea breaks over back to work :D

Lew Stringer

Re: AD BREAK

Post by Lew Stringer »

Looks like John Richardson artwork inside the Captain Krunch comic.

abacus

Post by abacus »

Lew Stringer wrote:Looks like John Richardson artwork inside the Captain Krunch comic.
Dug out the comic again , luckily I had a rough idea where I had buried it.I didn't expect to find the artists name and that's how it turned out.Here is another image a poor camera image and not a scanImage
Checking with the internet it was a free gift with United biscuits1977.Another source says it given after saving tokens from KP crisps both maybe the same thing.I am more a Dr Watson of comic collecting rather than a Sherlock Holmes and I don't normally get involved in comic detail therefore my knowledge is limited. :) I do however know the name of the artist of Brickman :D

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Looks like I was wrong. That's not John Richardson artwork. Perhaps it's by some graphic designer they commissioned, who drew his influences from various comics, as graphic designers often do.
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

abacus wrote:
Lew Stringer wrote:Looks like John Richardson artwork inside the Captain Krunch comic.
Dug out the comic again , luckily I had a rough idea where I had buried it.I didn't expect to find the artists name and that's how it turned out.Here is another image a poor camera image and not a scanImage
Checking with the internet it was a free gift with United biscuits1977.Another source says it given after saving tokens from KP crisps both maybe the same thing.I am more a Dr Watson of comic collecting rather than a Sherlock Holmes and I don't normally get involved in comic detail therefore my knowledge is limited. :) I do however know the name of the artist of Brickman :D
United Biscuits owns the KP brand so they are the same thing. Was likely a promotion on crisp brands such as Hula Hoops and Skips.