The Last Eagle Flies Again: A Cunning Plan

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Richard S.

The Last Eagle Flies Again: A Cunning Plan

Post by Richard S. »

EAGLE FLIES AGAIN editor Ian Wheeler and I have discussed the non appearance of the very last issue of the British comics fanzine, which has been delayed because of my current work commitments. I can only apologize for the long wait, which I am sure is a disappointment to our many readers.

The Dan Dare Corporation recently told us we could publish one final issue: after that such publications must be licensed, like Spaceship Away.

Consequently, given work commitments, we have now decided to go 'out with a bang' making EAGLE FLIES AGAIN "double issue" size -- but release it in time for the Lancaster Comics Festival in October. And we need your help...

Celebrating the very best in British Comics, we're appealing for comics creators and longtime British comics fans to send us their 100 - 150 word only best/favourite memories of British comics. Got an all-time favourite comic or character? Tell us what or who it is, and why.

The comic can be from any period: whether you're a fan of Wallce & Gromit or The Beano, The Eagle or TOXIC!, we want your comments. (Pics of panels from favourite stories would be helpful, though!)

EAGLE FLIES AGAIN has a tradition of featuring pin ups by established and upcoming artists: this last issue will be no different. Black and white art featuring your favourite characters will be very welcome. (This is for a print publication so please supply at 300 dpi to johnfsfreeman@...)

Last year, we began soliciting material for a Hallowe'en 2006 issue of EAGLE FLIES AGAIN, and we will be featuring material received for that in the issue, including a stunning image by Graeme Neil Reid, as well as a war comics homage cover by Andrew Chiu. Plus our usual mix of features by Jeremy Briggs, Steve Winders and many others.

If you can do anything to help us make EAGLE FLIES AGAIN #14 -- the Final issue -- a real fanzine to remember, that would be great!

Thanks, all!

John Freeman
http://www.downthetubes.net