Wish Lists...

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

koollectablz

Re: Wish Lists...

Post by koollectablz »

babington wrote:I did see the TV Comic but it was in rather bad shape if I remember. I can't see TV Tornado 59 on eBay, but if you can direct me to the link that would be much appreciated!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TV-TORNADO-CO ... SwInxXNG~Y

The #59 usually sells for £75-100 so you can buy this lot and then make your money back on the other 22 copies. I sold an extremely nice one for £99 at the back end of last year and another nice one went for £80 around a month ago, so the £150 isn't such a bad deal.

Re: the Marvelman #25, if you genuinely want a copy I know of a couple in people's collections and they'd listen to serious offers. But then I think a nice graded copy would probably sell for around £5-10k at auction depending on the day.

Its probably the most valuable British comic right at the moment and most likely a good candidate for an investment depending on how the new miracleman series pans out.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Even though I'm in the middle of a reduction, there are still a few issues I'm still after

I still need a better copy of the 1981 Cheeky Summer Special, four issues of Sperky (77, 121, 123 and 126) and the last Topper (No. 1963, even if it means getting a whole year of issues, as I had done recently with the Beezer.)

I am also after a better copy of the third issue of Whizzer and Chips (minus free gift)

babington

Post by babington »

Many thanks koollectablz - regarding Marvelman 25, sadly I couldn't afford anything like that at the moment - it's really is just a wish on my wishlist!

JTLarsen

Post by JTLarsen »

koollectablz wrote:
babington wrote:I did see the TV Comic but it was in rather bad shape if I remember. I can't see TV Tornado 59 on eBay, but if you can direct me to the link that would be much appreciated!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TV-TORNADO-CO ... SwInxXNG~Y

The #59 usually sells for £75-100 so you can buy this lot and then make your money back on the other 22 copies. I sold an extremely nice one for £99 at the back end of last year and another nice one went for £80 around a month ago, so the £150 isn't such a bad deal.

Re: the Marvelman #25, if you genuinely want a copy I know of a couple in people's collections and they'd listen to serious offers. But then I think a nice graded copy would probably sell for around £5-10k at auction depending on the day.

Its probably the most valuable British comic right at the moment and most likely a good candidate for an investment depending on how the new miracleman series pans out.
Hi,

Ewan and I have been trying to figure out how many known copies of Marvelman 25 exist. Can you provide any more info on the ones you know about?

Thanks!

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

I knew of two, and as of this week I now know of another...

And even more interesting, it's in a batch that includes -

#25, #26, #28-40.
image.jpeg
Yup, #26. :o

Same sale also had Young Marvelman #25-29.

The Marvelman lot which included a further run of later issues went for £350.

The Young Marvelman lot which also had a further 35 later issues went for £200.

Did I get them..?

:headbash: is the answer to that.
Last edited by koollectablz on 27 Oct 2016, 11:17, edited 1 time in total.

starscape

Post by starscape »

koollectablz wrote:Re: the Marvelman #25, if you genuinely want a copy I know of a couple in people's collections and they'd listen to serious offers. But then I think a nice graded copy would probably sell for around £5-10k at auction depending on the day.
I have no regrets not buying one for £15 ten years ago :cry:
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Ten years?

That would have been astonishingly cheap even then.

Thats only 2006 remember...

starscape

Post by starscape »

Slightly over. Launch of Starscape at the London Comic Festival. 2004, I believe. It had a ripped back cover, so I declined :headbash:
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies