Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

koollectablz

Re: Ebay sales: Good price for the seller, buyer or both??

Post by koollectablz »

Exceptional price, but also one of the nicest copies I've seen in years. Its almost shop fresh. Looks nicer than the one my dad bought for me when it was released!

You'll never regret paying top dollar for the genuinely high grades of anything.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:Exceptional price, but also one of the nicest copies I've seen in years. Its almost shop fresh. Looks nicer than the one my dad bought for me when it was released!

You'll never regret paying top dollar for the genuinely high grades of anything.
It'll be interesting to see what these two go for:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000ad-ISSUE ... Sw6xJbpPcC

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-1-2-3 ... SwqsxbjaI5

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:Exceptional price, but also one of the nicest copies I've seen in years. Its almost shop fresh. Looks nicer than the one my dad bought for me when it was released!

I actually think this one looks in better condition! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-PROG- ... B&LH_BIN=1

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Same comic and gift has just sold for £144......great price!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

My mate Steve told me someone is selling a Victor Summer Special 1983 as Phil-comics and they have even cut and pasted Phil's description.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:My mate Steve told me someone is selling a Victor Summer Special 1983 as Phil-comics and they have even cut and pasted Phil's description.
Your mate Steve is quicker than me! I just spotted it 10 minutes ago.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I noticed a couple of others using phil-comics on their listing.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:I noticed a couple of others using phil-comics on their listing.
I've told Phil and he just laughs as there's not a lot he can do. I must admit that personally, it immediately makes me suspicious of a seller and I wouldn't buy from them.

He has a few of them up with phil-comics on now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warlord-Summ ... OSwyulbrYO~

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I'm the same. Who knows how far their duplicity extends.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Adam Eterno wrote:
stevezodiac wrote:I noticed a couple of others using phil-comics on their listing.
I've told Phil and he just laughs as there's not a lot he can do. I must admit that personally, it immediately makes me suspicious of a seller and I wouldn't buy from them.

He has a few of them up with phil-comics on now

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Warlord-Summ ... OSwyulbrYO~
ive told phil before and asked did he have another perhaps personal acc he should complain to ebay though.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

Actually there also is another reason for this - if someone goes to list an item and looks up one that is already listed or has already sold and clicks on 'sell similar item' eBay will pre-fill in the title using the previously listed one.

Its actually a design feature.

Its happened to me a number of times whereby I suddenly recognize a new listing using my exact wording.

Also if Phil complains, he's stirring up more trouble than its worth, mainly because what he's doing isn't actually allowed by eBay - keyword spamming (albeit with his own username)