Some help with some dates for strips please?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

dwitefry

Some help with some dates for strips please?

Post by dwitefry »

Hey there, I used to post here a while ago but haven't been around for ages (I thought the site had shut down) so this is a bit cheeky of me and I apologize for posting again solely because I want something (though I didn't know the site still existed until just now) but I've just posted my second blog post on British Comics - http://anotherfblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016 ... lbion.html (warning, bad language) - specifically it's a who's who of the major characters in Albion from Wildstorm Comics because I wanted to a provide an alternative to the pre-existing annotations with pictures and more specifics, but I found out I'M actually missing some specifics myself, and I was wondering if you clever people could tell me any of the following things please?:

- The issue The Dwarf debuted in Jet.
- The issue The Tiddlers & The Dolls ended in Pow!
- When the first run of Brian’s Brain ended in Smash!, specifics about the second run of Brian’s Brain in Smash! (did it begin with issue 144?) and if the strip appeared in Pow!
- The issue Tri-Man ended in Smash!
- The issue The Legend Testers began and ended in Smash!
- The issue The Rubberman ended in Smash!
- The issue The Black Sapper ended in The Beezer and the issue it began and ended in Hotspur
And if anyone wants to sell me a copy of Power Pack, the Power Comic’s index, because I clearly need it :lol:!

Also does anyone know WHICH specific 26 characters from Buster and Roy of the Rovers that existed before 1970 that Maxwell (and thus Egmont) bought (besides Buster and Roy themselves)? Has that ever been made public or has anyone ever worked it out?

Thanks in advance for reading this and for any help you can provide
Gone for 14 days...

blaing

Re: Some help with some dates for strips please?

Post by blaing »

According to the Book of the Beezer (by our very own Kashgar) the Black Sapper finished in the Beezer No. 267 (dated 25/2/1961)

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

dwitefry wrote:The issue The Black Sapper began and ended in The Hotspur
The Black Sapper ran in The Hotspur 602 (May 1 1971) - 623 (Sep. 25 1971). A second series ran in the same story paper from 729 (Oct. 6 1973) - 740 (Dec. 22 1973). Unfortunately, dwitefry, I can't help with any of your other queries as I do not collect those comics. Sorry.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

dwitefry, it's Thomson and Numskulls, not Thompson and Numbskulls. I've also posted a comment on your blog regarding the Nervs, since you apparently thought the Numskulls are a few years younger than they actually are.

dwitefry

Post by dwitefry »

Thanks for the Black Sapper info and the corrections, on those - Thompson'll be the fault of the of the spellchecker, I had a bugger of a time with Grimly Feendish (I still don't think it's spelt right every time in that article now) but I am quite ashamed to learn I've been spelling the Numskulls' name wrong my entire life. Anyway the article's been updated.
Gone for 14 days...

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

dwitefry wrote:Thompson'll be the fault of the of the spellchecker
I very much doubt that.

Robbie Moubert

Post by Robbie Moubert »

The Dwarf first appeared in issue two of Jet (well, apart from a single picture in issue one).
Attachments
00017.jpg