British comics adapted into live action film and TV

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: British comics adapted into live action film and TV

Post by colcool007 »

We forgot to mention The Bogie Man!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

SID

Post by SID »

colcool007 wrote:
Ginger wrote:And how could I forget Jane! I happily remember Glynis Barber doing that role in my formative years...
I remember that. It was broadcasted on BBC2 if I remember correctly. Hubba! Hubba! She still looks good in EastEnders.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

Ah, now, The Bogie Man! I have a bit of history with that. My partner of the time in the shop was closely involved along with the late, greatly missed, all round nice guy, George Jackson, in the comic. Needless to say, not a lot of comic shop work was forthcoming from my partner for a bit. And when the film was mooted, it was another period of getting sfa in the way of work out of him. Don't worry, this isn't actionable, it's all water under the bridge now and it's all serene between us.
The upside to all this was a seat at the premier in The Edinburgh Filmhouse, rubbing shoulders with the great and good - and the not so good, who, like me, were along for the fan boy bit and the free purvey. There were a few whispered comments from some about the casting and a couple of other niggles. What an exciting evening.
I know we're talking about made into film or tv but, one of my favourite adaptations is the radio version of Bristow
http://www.aguter.plus.com/bristow/radio.htm

As for Bunter, it was Gerald Campion in the role of Bunter but, to add to Colin's mention of Michael Crawford, also in the cast were Anthony Valentine, Jeremy Bulloch, Melvyn Hayes and Kenneth Cope. There was also a radio adaptation.