Hornet free gift.

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

David McDonald

Hornet free gift.

Post by David McDonald »

Hello all, I know there is a wealth of DCT knowledge on the forum, I'm hoping someone might be able to identify the origins of a hornet free gift I got recently in a bunch of War Libraries.
Pictured below, its the 'Hornet book, be a Super Boy' The copyright is 1971. I am not even sure if it is a free gift, If it is, in know I have some hornets from '71 it would be nice to marry it to its comic.
Attachments
hornet.jpg

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Hornet free gift.

Post by colcool007 »

I think I can do better than that David. The issue you are looking for is issue 420 cover dated 29th September 1971.
Hornet 420.jpg
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Raven

Post by Raven »

I suspect being a super boy 1971 DCT-style didn't have much to do with cultivating the life of the mind, developing a wide tolerance, or being up to scratch with the underground music scene of the alternative society. Looks like it's shaped more by the Victorian ethos of muscular Christianity instead. Boxing better makes you a better man of the empire!

David McDonald

Post by David McDonald »

Many thanks!