Time travelling Tank

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

poacher

Time travelling Tank

Post by poacher »

Hi, first post from a new Member, I wonder if any of you can help me with a weekly story from a British comic of the 1960s that featured a Tank ,possibly a Sherman , that travelled back through time, I vividly remember it appearing in Roman times etc, People have suggested, the "Haunted Tank" but that was in an american comic, the comics I read at the time were, Victor, Hornet, Hotspur, and occasionally Tiger, Lion and Valiant, any help would be gratefully appreciated., excellent site by the way.

davidandrewsimpson

Re: Time travelling Tank

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Hi

That sounds like Phantom Patrol from Swift, later reprinted as Ghost Patrol in Smash, with early 2000AD annuals featuring hacked-about chunks of it.

Early 2000AD annuals don't seem to cost much, so buying the 1979, 1980 or 1981 annual should give you a taste of the strip.

Steve Holland brought out a lovely collection of the whole strip in 2009, but this was a very limited release.

A search of Comics UK for Phantom Patrol will bring up various mentions of it.

It was an excellent strip, so no wonder it's stuck with you for nearly 50 years.

poacher

Re: Time travelling Tank

Post by poacher »

That is very much appreciated thank you, I will have a look immediately :up: