Scream/Eagle monster book on the way

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

big bad bri

Scream/Eagle monster book on the way

Post by big bad bri »

Cant wait if this is true i just saw this
http://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/j ... nal-panels

wilsia

Re: Scream/Eagle monster book on the way

Post by wilsia »

Great news, thanks for the heads up

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

does anyone know if this reprints the eagle stories too as i just looked on amazon on the look inside section and it said the scream issues.

Louis Crandell

Post by Louis Crandell »

big bad bri wrote:does anyone know if this reprints the eagle stories too as i just looked on amazon on the look inside section and it said the scream issues.
http://shop.2000adonline.com/products/monster
"This stand-alone collection contains the entire run of Monster from the 1980s comics Scream & The Eagle"

So yes, Eagle too.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

so rebellion do have some eagle stuff then.

Louis Crandell

Post by Louis Crandell »

big bad bri wrote:so rebellion do have some eagle stuff then.
Rebellion will presumably know the specifics, and it is possible they licensed the rights off the Dan Dare Corporation (we know they've been talking, given the recent reprint of the 2000AD Dan Dare series), but I believe / suspect it is the case that series that originated outside of the Eagle and only became part of that title due to mergers are not owned by DDC, while ones that started in Eagle (Dan Dare, Computer Warrior, Doomlord) are DDC-owned.