Why Are There No New Comics?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Why Are There No New Comics?

Post by Phoenix »

philcom55 wrote:If vinyl LPs can make a comeback in supermarkets then I guess anything's possible!
I really would like to believe that, Phil. My hearing has been deteriorating for some time now, hence my need to sit on the front row at the Mel Gibson/David Roach/Jenni Scott presentation at the House of Illustration, but despite the fact that I have recently invested in an expensive hearing aid from Hidden Hearing in Southport my brain is not yet processing satisfactorily the music I used to enjoy, whether on LP (I have a large collection) or CD (a somewhat smaller collection because I always prefer to buy the vinyl version if there is one). I often don't hear chord changes properly even though I know when to expect them and what they sound like. Classical, pop and country all present the same challenge, and don't even mention TV. Still, Hope Springs Eternal as my mother used to say. :xfingers: At least I can still see properly to read my story papers so menos mal as they say in Spain.

geoff42

Post by geoff42 »

Music in any form will always overcome the habitual laziness to sit up, focus and read. Music is absorbed and, altogether, subjective. Reading is proactive; that's the problem :evil:

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

geoff42 wrote: Music is absorbed and, altogether, subjective. Reading is proactive; that's the problem
Aren't you creating a contradiction, Geoff? Just as starting to read a book can be described as a proactive act, so can starting to listen to a record. Both book and music need to be understood or appreciated so you cannot give less than 100% of your attention to either if you are to achieve such understanding or appreciation.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

If you want to know where the numerous new UK comics are, it's always worth reading John Freeman's comics news blog. The article at this link addresses this very topic:

http://downthetubes.net/?p=34957