PARAGON comic - a small-press, old-school annual

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

daveycandlish

PARAGON comic - a small-press, old-school annual

Post by daveycandlish »

I hope you don't mind me posting this here but this forum seems the ideal audience for this small press comic. I grew up reading British action/adventure anthologies in the 70s and 80s. This isn't a pastiche nor really an homage but a continuation of that tradition.
Don't be put off by the label 'small-press'. You can see from the images the quality of the artwork of those involved. I've been publishing PARAGON for a number of years now and had a number of professionals contribute to it; Si Spencer wrote a script for it (writer on Vertigo's Bodies), Shaky Kane, PJ Holden, Garen Ewing, Jim Campbell, HdE and Steven Denton have all had a hand in previous issues. It is a quality comic. It's the reason I call it PARAGON!

For the last few years I've been publishing an annual as well as the regular comic and here are a few shots from this years;

and a couple of panels from other strips within it's pages

and a little one pager featuring one of my favourite characters. What if Dudley Watkins drew the adventures of the elephant headed Hindu God?

The softback version is A4 in size, 68 pages and squarebound. A collection of adventures of the regular characters (Jikan, the time travelling, demon hunting samurai; Bulldog, the anthropomorphic defender of the skies above Blighty; the adventures of Icarus, the boy who flew too close to the sun, melted his wings and crashed to earth - and was rescued by aliens; Ganesh, the elephant headed Hindu god and Spencer Nero, the British agent who finds inhuman strength when he dons the ancient Janus mask) by a plethora of talent. Stories vary in length from one page to 32 and include a text tale just like the annuals of yesteryear!

You can buy it form here
http://paragoncomic.blogspot.co.uk/

and for those feeling flush you can even buy a hardback version for that full on retro feel!
Publisher of anthology comic PARAGON - view the PARAGONcomic.blogspot for details!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: PARAGON comic - a small-press, old-school annual

Post by colcool007 »

I haven't read any Bulldog Empire in ages! Thanks for reminding me Davey.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!