New guy, advice needed please

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Spc

New guy, advice needed please

Post by Spc »

Hi ive signed up looking for some advice please. Im on a few car forums and know whats it worth posts are not allowed so im not asking for any prices. I know nothing about todays comic market and everything seems to be usa focused. I have some comics in my loft and am moving soon and have no interest in moving them again. They are all uk comics bought in 70's /80's. Knowing there may be some value / interest am asking here as how best to proceed rather than they get lost or destroyed.

I have the following...

Starwars 1-32 purchased in 70's
Bullet 1-223 purchased 70's i beleive it changed to warlord bullet from about 123 ish
2000ad have to check on these as there right at back of loft but purchased 80's and have about 40-50

Any advice appriciated, thanks

koollectablz

Re: New guy, advice needed please

Post by koollectablz »

Your best best is to check ebay for a few representative issues tbh.

I don't think its ever been said that you cant ask for value opinions on here though? I give my opinion all the time.

The Starwars always sell ok, though much better if you have the gifts with the first couple issues.

Those 2000AD are pretty much worthless.

The Bullet run is of interest because its a full run (check that it is). That said individual issues never really sell very well even for very cheap (like lower than 50p each), so you should only sell that many as a full set.

I'd be interested in buying them if its a full run because i'm looking for runs to bind. PM me if youre interested.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I'll echo koollectablz's idea of value. The Star Wars can fetch a nice price if they are like new, but any dings, scuff, fraying and the value drops like a stone.

With Bullet, a full run is roughly in the £20 to £50 area. You might get more if they are mint and that means pure white pages, no tokens cut out, no colouring in of the panels, etc, but I doubt they will look that good after 30 odd years in the loft!

With 2000AD, if they are early 1980 as in pre-500 then you have a chance of maybe getting a tenner for them, but if they are after issue 500, you would probably do more good donating them to your local children's ward or youth group in the vain hope of kindling someone's enthusiasm for comics.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Spc

Post by Spc »

Gentlemen that is exactly the sort of help im after, thanks. I was bought the comics as a child by my dad and as i read them he put them away in a suitcase( he read the bullets too lol)and i havent seen them for forty years lol. Had a brief look last weekend but will when time allows check exactly whats there number wise and take pics for condition. I can say with certainty there are no free gifts etc like the two starwars cutouts definately got played with lol.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I agree with both the guy's opinions. If it helps, I bought 112 Bullet comics (the first 112) for £34 last year