Hay on Wye

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Richard S.

Hay on Wye

Post by Richard S. »

Off to Hay on Wye this morning for a look at the bookshops - been before a few times but looking forward to going again. I know there's a by good children's bookshops near the clocktower and another good one out of town, but as ever I'm hoping to find interesting things tucked away elsewhere.

Anyone else been? Nabbed a bargain? Got something important/unusual for your collection?
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Hay on Wye

Post by Phoenix »

Richard S. wrote:Off to Hay on Wye this morning for a look at the bookshops. Anyone else been?
My son Andrew and I have frequently said over many years, Richard, that we must go there but opportunities have come and gone. Now it would be nothing more than an experience for me as I have all the books I could possibly read in my lifetime, and that's not taking my DCT comic collection into account, the stories in which I am still more likely to read, or reread, than my books. Perhaps bizarrely I do still buy interesting books when I see them. During my recent week in London I bought a couple of hardbacks in near mint condition, the NME Who's Who In Rock And Roll and Enid Blyton's The Enchanted Wood, from charity shops in Sheen, near Richmond, and three hardback novels for girls from a charity shop in Putney High Street, two of which I have read since getting home, and I'm over half way through the other. Oh, and through the post this week I have received via eBay issues 2 and 4 of Dixon Hawke's Case Book, although issue 2 announces itself on its spine as Forty Dixon Hawke Thrillers. They cost rather more than the original 1/- price. What's the world coming to? Inflation's out of control, I tell you, completely out of control.