An Italian granny need your help for finding Comics

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

nonnaLuana

An Italian granny need your help for finding Comics

Post by nonnaLuana »

I am an Italian granny I have 4 grandsons (6-9-11 years old) interested in improving their English as second language in a funny way.
They can read and understand easy sentences. Please could you tell me what comics will be good. Thanks

big bad bri

Re: An Italian granny need your help for finding Comics

Post by big bad bri »

The Beano is a good place to start as im sure they will continue reading it as adults as im sue most of us read it at that age and still buy today.
Also try The Phoenix comic.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

nonnaLuana wrote:I am an Italian granny I have 4 grandsons (6-9-11 years old) interested in improving their English as second language in a funny way.
They can read and understand easy sentences. Please could you tell me what comics will be good. Thanks
If you use the auction sites, you can often find a large bunch of comics for a very low price as very few collectors will buy big batches of 1980s or more modern comics for a very high price. This is a good example if you have a friend that can pick them up for you.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

The American Groo comics are very funny if you can find some.