Bulldog Brittain

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

matrix

Bulldog Brittain

Post by matrix »

I picked this Bulldog Brittain comic up as I liked the cover. Now I'm curious about the stories being BB, BUZZ N NOBBY, The ALTMARK plus a couple of comedy fillers anyone know any details, are they reprints, artists? No 1 is in the gallery.
Attachments
BB2.jpg

paw broon

Re: Bulldog Brittain

Post by paw broon »

Hi matrix. All I can tell about this slightly obscure comic is that the guide says there were 3 issues in 1952, numbered 1,2,3 - so that's a load of old cobblers
:shock: - with art on Bulldog Brittain by Colin Andrew. I don't have any issues from the series, don't even have a scan, nor can I find a scan.
Pity no one else has come up with anything.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

That cover is seriously lush. The art reminds me of the Valiant adventure stories. In fact, I can't but help think of the 1960s frogmen/secret agent stories.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

To be honest that cover looks much later than 1952 to me.

matrix

Post by matrix »

Here are a couple more scans. There is no date, but some annuals advertised on the back page I have tracked down and dated to 1957. So Phil is right about being later, and your old cobblers are getting bigger Paw! Unless of course they put one out a year! At least we know the artist although not sure he drew all those?

The cover is what sold it to me Col. I do that now and again buying a comic becausce of the cover!
Attachments
BBC3.000s.jpg
BBC2s.jpg
BBC1S.jpg
Last edited by matrix on 05 Jul 2017, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

matrix

Post by matrix »

This is a scan of BB No4, it's not mine it was sold a few years back. Other than No 1 in the gallery that's all I could find, no info on any blogs?
Attachments
BB.NO4s.jpg

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

That Bulldog Brittain splash definitely looks like Colin Andrew, but not so much the covers or the other stories.