Selling comic collections

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Phoenix
Guru

Re: Selling comic collections

Post by Phoenix »

peace355 wrote:I'm selling off my Mandys, Judys and Buntys
helsbels wrote:I'm currently offloading my Judy and Mandy comics
Are these on eBay? If so, how long have they been on there? Having been away for a week I'm playing catch-up at the moment.

peace355

Post by peace355 »

Phoenix, I've been selling them in batches over the last few months. I still have some to put up on ebay, have to sort through them first. I've sold all my Mandys and a lot of my Judys and Buntys. If there are particular issues you are looking for I'd be happy to send them onto you :) Its mostly issues from 1990s I've left.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks for your reply, Lorraine. Later today I'll PM you a list of my missing issues in the 90s.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

stevezodiac wrote:. The other reason is that I don't want to pop my clogs and leave my family with around 40,000 comics to deal with.
my brother assures me my comics are going in the skip when i die :lol: even though i want them buried with me :lol:

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Phoenix wrote:
peace355 wrote:I'm selling off my Mandys, Judys and Buntys
helsbels wrote:I'm currently offloading my Judy and Mandy comics
Are these on eBay? If so, how long have they been on there? Having been away for a week I'm playing catch-up at the moment.
Phoenix, they are currently on ebay now. and more are being listed every couple of days or so.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks for that information, Helen. I'll look at them soon, probably tomorrow morning to be fair.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

To be a collector you have to collect. Once you cease to collect you may have a collection but you are no longer a collector. If, for whatever reason, you cease to collect then you may view your 'completed' collection in a wholly new light. It is now a done deal and in the end may not have lived up to your expectations of what it was ever going to be. I think it is quite possible that you may even resent the collection you do have for having wasted a lot of your time and money in never becoming the collection you wanted it to be. And, of course, comic collecting isn't everything.
Personally I'm glad that I've managed, in over 43 years of collecting, to not have yet stopped and taken stock of whether it was all worth it. Maybe when I track down those last 45 issues of the Beano I'll call it a day!