[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Comics UK - View topic - Hay on Wye

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Hay on Wye 

I'm off to the original 'book town' on Saturday - been a few times before and always end up with a rucksack full of goodies so I'm looking forward to it - anyone else been and amazing / some / no luck?

My favourite was probably my 2nd (in 1995ish) - I collect Doonesbury (US comic newspaper comics strip) so am used to asking for the humour section in bookshops. Was amazed to be pointed towards an entire building (ok, a large shed) which was the humour books were kept - filed alphabetically I was able to scoop up a whole stack of Doonesbury books I'd never seen before. Very happy with that.

Twitter: richardandsheaf

26 Mar 2018, 13:36
Profile WWW
Guru

29 Mar 2018, 01:09

Very exciting news Derek

As I mentioned I've been to Hay before so I have a good idea of what are the best shops to go to, but of course there's nothing like finding a bargain in an out of the way corner of a shop.

Full report coming soon - I'll highlight best shops etc.

Twitter: richardandsheaf

29 Mar 2018, 12:27
Profile WWW
Guru

Hi Derek,
Please get yourself settled in before you feel the need to turn your thoughts again to 'This was Adventure'. I can happily potter away with the work I can do on my own until you're ready to reapply your thoughts to all things story paper related.
Regards, as always,
Ray.

29 Mar 2018, 16:47
Guru

It is looking more and more possible that I will be going to London on Saturday to look after Andrew's two girls for a couple of days. He is up to his eyes in work, which will probably occupy him over most of the Easter period, and Maria, the girls' mother, has gone off for a few days with her current partner. If Jane Austen was still alive, I'm sure she would be able to come up with a novel, or a short story at the very least, with the plot elements outlined above.

29 Mar 2018, 20:33

Derek, could I suggest a chess book entitled 'Amateur to IM', written by my son Jonathan.

Since he wrote the book he has become a Grandmaster, and won the British chess championship twice. The book has very good reviews, although I haven't read it myself. I taught him to play when he was about 8 years old, and he was beating me within a few months. I haven't played him since then.

29 Mar 2018, 20:50
Guru

29 Mar 2018, 22:30
Guru

Last edited by Phoenix on 31 Mar 2018, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

29 Mar 2018, 23:43

30 Mar 2018, 09:15

Good luck with the house move Derek.

30 Mar 2018, 14:44
Guru

30 Mar 2018, 19:20
Guru

30 Mar 2018, 19:46
Guru

31 Mar 2018, 22:40
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]