[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Comics UK - View topic - 'The Wooden Sheriff of Skeeter Creek

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
'The Wooden Sheriff of Skeeter Creek 

08 Apr 2018, 14:11
Mr Valeera

08 Apr 2018, 18:46
Profile WWW
Guru

09 Apr 2018, 02:16
Guru

The accolade of 'Guru' was not one we gifted to ourselves. It was kindly bestowed upon us by others as an acknowledgment of our willingness to share the fruits of our own labours in the field of comic collecting. In that regard I must be seen as something of a 'lapsed' guru here on comicsuk as, due to commitments elsewhere and despite visiting the site usually on a daily basis, I rarely contribute in the way that I once did.
In the last 45 years I have always been a collector first and foremost and it was always my collection that fuelled my inquisitive mind to learn more about those that created the comics I loved to collect.
Derek certainly has more individual Thomson girls paper titles than me, my collection mainly focussing on the early years, so I would happily own to his superior knowledge of the contents of those titles and, similarly, his knowledge of the Thomson boys' papers, pre 1945, is second to none.

09 Apr 2018, 15:40
Guru

13 Apr 2018, 00:04
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2