Charlie's War - Warrior the War Horse

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Adam Eterno

Charlie's War - Warrior the War Horse

Post by Adam Eterno »

I have recently finished Book 1 of Charlie's War definitive collection and was pleased to see one of the stories involving Warrior the most amazing War Horse from WW1. Only 15 minutes walk from my house is a memorial to Warrior as he ended up as a Police Horse in Southampton and was then put out to stud here. I'm sorry that the text isn't clear on the stone but there is a local campaign to get a bigger memorial built for this amazing horse outside the main police station.
Attachments
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg

Hawkeye

Re: Charlie's War - Warrior the War Horse

Post by Hawkeye »

Adam Eterno wrote:I have recently finished Book 1 of Charlie's War definitive collection and was pleased to see one of the stories involving Warrior the most amazing War Horse from WW1. Only 15 minutes walk from my house is a memorial to Warrior as he ended up as a Police Horse in Southampton and was then put out to stud here. I'm sorry that the text isn't clear on the stone but there is a local campaign to get a bigger memorial built for this amazing horse outside the main police station.
I think the book has made quite an impression on you. I must admit I don't have war stories as my number one choice of reading material, but I will get around to reading about Charlie one of these days.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Hawkeye wrote: I think the book has made quite an impression on you. I must admit I don't have war stories as my number one choice of reading material, but I will get around to reading about Charlie one of these days.
You're right there. I really enjoyed it. War stories come in different shapes and sizes and I really enjoy the honesty of Charlie's War whereby I didn't enjoy Major Eazy which I read a couple of weeks ago. Personally I like the more realistic stories rather than the type where the hero runs at 20 machine guns and amazingly doesn't get a scratch! I also like the dark side of war made clear rather than seeing it glorified.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

i've never liked war stories or films but loved charley's war in Eagle and love the film hacksaw ridge and saving private ryan.i seem to enjoy vietnam war films more for some reason,but i don't like westerns either ,unless you count blazing saddles :lol: :lol: even though i have the hardbacks of charley's war i will buy the new versions and read those