History Of Comics Partwork?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Spencer

History Of Comics Partwork?

Post by Spencer »

I just had a moment of inspiration!
Now that Rebellion own most of UK comics heritage outside of DC Thomson and they already have a successful tie up with Hachette for their Judge Dredd and 2000ad collections, wouldn’t it be great if they launched something similar based on UK comics that have been published throughout the last century?
Could have each book devoted to a particular comic .. Cheeky, Tiger, Action, Comic Cuts, Battle, Buster, Knockout...

Can you imagine? I would feel like I had died and gone to comic heaven!

What do others think - would you buy something along these lines?

Shiner

Re: History Of Comics Partwork?

Post by Shiner »

Yes, definitely. This may be the only viable route for some of the strips to see daylight.

big bad bri

Re: History Of Comics Partwork?

Post by big bad bri »

id love to see a seperate roy of the rovers,buster ,whoopee,cheeky partwork every week and 1 issue can run over 100 pages or however thick the book is to say sweeny toddler ,team mates etc in chronological order or say a [artwork for the action,sports comics and another for the funnies and another for girls and nursey titles