Titan cancels DC line

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Digifiend

Titan cancels DC line

Post by Digifiend »

Titan's line of DC comics is no more.
Titan Magazines regrets to announce that it will no longer be publishing the DC Comics range after December.

Back issues will still be available to order and all subscribers will be contacted. For any queries please call 01778 392085 or email titanmagazines@warnersgroup.co.uk.

Thank you to all our loyal readers over the years.
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12/26 ... and-range/

tony ingram

Re: Titan cancels DC line

Post by tony ingram »

Since that line seemed to be Titan's bread and butter, I can only assume DC pulled the licence. But why? Did they want too much money for Titan to pay, this time? Are they planning a new reprint line of their own? Or are they just anticipating problems after Brexit? It has to be bad news for Titan, in any case.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, with the US version of Simpsons Comics cancelled, I assume Titan will have to cancel their version of that too. In that format, all that'll remain is Adventure Time, Rick and Morty, and Doctor Who: Tales From the TARDIS Comic. How viable will those titles be now?

The company will have to focus on their US format comics, I think.

SID

Post by SID »

LOL. I just subscribed to Batman Superman Presents. It must be the shortest subscription ever (being only one issue).

I did find it strange that in the last issue (3.2), the strip finished with 'The End..?' which I hear happened with other Titan/DC Comics?
Last edited by SID on 30 Dec 2018, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

At least it actually WAS the end of the Man of Steel mini. You can just pick up the trades of Bendis's Action Comics and Superman to continue the story.

A check of covers reveals that Adventure Time's current issue, #11, has the same cover art as the US #74. And that series ended at #75! Looks like that's ANOTHER title ending. I won't be surprised if both that and Simpsons are gone by Easter.

SID

Post by SID »

It would be great if Titan created a monthly title which serialises their American graphic novels similar to Tales from the TARDIS and the defunct CLiNT.
Last edited by SID on 30 Dec 2018, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Digifiend

Adventure Time is already up to issue three of Adventure Time Season 11, the comic book continuation of the T V series, so the UK reprint is good for a while yet it would seem.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I think you'll find that means they've caught up with the US! Which was the reason Futurama Comics got cancelled, I believe.