Thrill-power overload

Discuss or comment on Britain's sole surviving boy's comic from the 1970's. The home of Judge Dredd, Slaine, Nikolai Dante, ABC Warriors and Sinister Dexter. Has been running since 1977.

Moderator: AndyB

big bad bri

Thrill-power overload

Post by big bad bri »

Thrill - power overload
By David Bishop

Thirty Years of Thrill-Power!

For over three decades one British comic has defined a generation: 2000 AD.

From humble and rocky begginings to its current position as the Galaxy's Greatest comic, Thrill-Power Overload charts the incredible history of this ground-breaking comic. With exclusive interviews, hundreds of illustrations and rarely-seen artwork, former 2000 AD editor, David Bishop, guides the reader through three decades of action, adventure, excitement and the occasional editorial nightmare! Told by the people who were there, this is the definitive history of the comic that launched a thousand talents.

Large-format hardback
256 pages
?34.99
Includes bonus comic strip and comprehensive index

Just seen this on 2000ad website it sounds like a very good book but a wee bit expensive.Maybe forbidden planet will do it a few quids cheaper like they normally do with judge dredd case files etc.
big bad bri

Lew Stringer

Re: Thrill-power overload

Post by Lew Stringer »

big bad bri wrote:Thrill - power overload
By David Bishop

Thirty Years of Thrill-Power!

For over three decades one British comic has defined a generation: 2000 AD.

From humble and rocky begginings to its current position as the Galaxy's Greatest comic, Thrill-Power Overload charts the incredible history of this ground-breaking comic. With exclusive interviews, hundreds of illustrations and rarely-seen artwork, former 2000 AD editor, David Bishop, guides the reader through three decades of action, adventure, excitement and the occasional editorial nightmare! Told by the people who were there, this is the definitive history of the comic that launched a thousand talents.

Large-format hardback
256 pages
?34.99
Includes bonus comic strip and comprehensive index

Just seen this on 2000ad website it sounds like a very good book but a wee bit expensive.Maybe forbidden planet will do it a few quids cheaper like they normally do with judge dredd case files etc.
big bad bri

Try Amazon. It's cheaper there. I've got mine on order.

Lew

Captain Storm

Thrill-power overload

Post by Captain Storm »

Wonder if he mentions the fact that StarLord outsold it!!!! :mrgreen:

Lew Stringer

Re: Thrill-power overload

Post by Lew Stringer »

Captain Storm wrote:Wonder if he mentions the fact that StarLord outsold it!!!! :mrgreen:
I believe so. It's a very balanced work. The book is an extended version of the articles that ran in Judge Dredd Megazine a few years ago that you may recall.

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

PaulTwist

Thrill-power overload

Post by PaulTwist »

Play seem to be selling it for ?14.49:

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3249 ... chsource=0

Probably a mis-price (they have the RRP stated at ?18.99) but it's worth a shot.

PaulTwist

Thrill-power overload

Post by PaulTwist »

My copy arrived today - price of ?14.49 honoured! It looks delightful too, a proper coffee-table book. Up to ?26.49 now though, sadly.

moose

Thrill-power overload

Post by moose »

pre-ordered mine on amazon for ?11.95, then waited through all the e-mails telling me it was unavailable and all those encouraging me to cancel my order. once published, they were duty bound to charge me the original price...absolute bargain.

it's very good too...