Hugh McNeill

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

stevezodiac

Re: Hugh McNeill

Post by stevezodiac »

I noticed some Trolls strips in the girls annuals I picked up recently, can't remember if they were in The School Friend or Sandie annuals though. I'll have a look later. The strips ran over six pages and every second page was signed by Hugh so I presume they stitched three two page strips together. I remember they used to do it sometimes with the Happy Family in Buster. They would put two single page strips together with a connection made by a caption saying LATER or NEXT DAY.

Raven

Post by Raven »

stevezodiac wrote:I noticed some Trolls strips in the girls annuals I picked up recently, can't remember if they were in The School Friend or Sandie annuals though. I'll have a look later. The strips ran over six pages and every second page was signed by Hugh so I presume they stitched three two page strips together. I remember they used to do it sometimes with the Happy Family in Buster. They would put two single page strips together with a connection made by a caption saying LATER or NEXT DAY.

They'd do that with Big Chief Pow Wow and Clever Dick in the weekly Buster, too. I used to think it was a bit of a treat.

There's a 7 page Trolls strip in the 1976 Princess Tina Annual. A continuous story in that instance, signed once on the last page by Hugh McNeill.

matrix

Post by matrix »

I just wanted to add a comment on here to say how much I enjoy Hugh McNiell's work especially 'The Trolls', always guaranteed a laugh when reading them!

The scans below for those that have not already seen it include 'Hugh' in the strip. The 'Snurges' have taken over the strip and are trying to change how they treat the Trolls! Great stuff!
Attachments
Trolls.1.jpg
Trolls.2.jpg