Q's about Ron Smith, Tony Coleman.

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

philcom55

Re: Q's about Ron Smith, Tony Coleman.

Post by philcom55 »

Nope. :) This is what I posted about it in 2008:
Having only just read my copy one thing is really bugging me. The cover for 2000AD prog 374 is reprinted twice, in colour, over one and a half pages to represent Ron Smith's work on Judge Dredd. Unfortunately, even though it seems to be signed by Ron, I just can't shake the feeling that it was actually drawn by Robin Smith instead. The inking style in particular looks nothing like the older artist! Anybody care to give a second opinion?

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I would put money on the fact that this issue cover was drawn by Robin Smith not Ron Smith. Not only is it signed Robin Smith, it is just stylistically too different from Ron's work to be credited to him, even in error.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

philcom55 wrote:Nope. :) This is what I posted about it in 2008:
Having only just read my copy one thing is really bugging me. The cover for 2000AD prog 374 is reprinted twice, in colour, over one and a half pages to represent Ron Smith's work on Judge Dredd. Unfortunately, even though it seems to be signed by Ron, I just can't shake the feeling that it was actually drawn by Robin Smith instead. The inking style in particular looks nothing like the older artist! Anybody care to give a second opinion?
Good, I'm not going mad quite yet then... 8)