Art spotters this way!

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

dreamticket

Re: Art spotters this way!

Post by dreamticket »

crow wrote:It looks like Neville Wilson to me. That is such lovely artwork. I love the anthology format of older British comics.

Um, I saw my blog, British Comic Art mentioned earlier in this thread. I haven't died or anything and have been meaning to get new stuff on there but have been pretty busy with work and what-not. Hopefully normal service will resume soon.
I've been having a lot of trouble navigating your blog lately - the page keeps freezing as I scroll down it. Is everything okay?

dreamticket

Re: Art spotters this way!

Post by dreamticket »

colcool007 wrote:I am VERY sure when I see Terry Patrick. It is almost as if he saw Ron Smith's stuff and decided to send it up when he drew for comedic effect.
I don't suppose you know if he also drew The Only Boat From Fire Island, also in Hotspur at about the same time as Thief Taker? It could also be by Keith Shone, but I'm not so familiar with his work. Here's an example:
The OnlyBoatFromFireIsland.jpg
I'm noticing a lot of cartoony other stuff (Dan Magoo) that could be TP in "comedic mode". Did he have two styles? One straight, one more cartoony? Any chance of seeing some examples?