Immortal Pen of Ken

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Chris J

Immortal Pen of Ken

Post by Chris J »

Here's a blog of the artwork of my uncle, who died in a care home in 1998. Though he wasn't great at drawing he often used the comic format for his odd little stories. They're not to everyone's taste, but quite a few people find them amusing. I'm adding one drawing every week.

http://www.immortalpenofken.com

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Immortal Pen of Ken

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

Your uncle Ken obviously enjoyed this sort of thing, Chris, which reminds me of my very early efforts to put together my own home-made comic-strips [complete with blue lines through the artwork, like Ken has done!] so I can relate to this.

Keep 'em coming, this type of stuff has great charm.

Chris J

Post by Chris J »

Glad you enjoy them. :) Actually the blue lines in this case are because he was drawing on lined notepaper -– he was always so poor that he could never afford any pens or paper and had to make do with whatever was around, though I used to send him some paper when I could.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Your uncle was clearly a very talented man with a remarkably individual vision. It's heartbreaking to hear that he received so little recognition during his lifetime, but I'm sure he'd be touched and flattered by your efforts to preserve his memory into a new millennium.

- Phil Rushton

Chris J

Post by Chris J »

Thanks.

Yes, he'd be amazed that people from Poland, Australia, the US, Norway etc. have now seen his work. He had become a tramp by the time the internet began to be more widely used..