The Monster Club Illustrations

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Chris J

The Monster Club Illustrations

Post by Chris J »

Does anyone know who drew the illustrations used in the Ghoul section of the 1980 horror film The Monster Club?

Thanks.

RuthB

Re: The Monster Club Illustrations

Post by RuthB »

You have all info about the movie here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081178/

In Trivia there is a mention to a John Bolton who draw one of the characters, don't know if his drawings were used for the movie, I only saw this film decades ago...

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

John Bolton was the artist in question, as far as I know. There was also a comic book adaptation drawn by Bolton and David Lloyd, with each drawing different chapters, as I remember it.

An internet search on Monster Club John Bolton will give you access to further information

Chris J

Post by Chris J »

Excellent, thanks. Googling that name with the film title has led to this site, with the Monster Club ills towards the bottom of the page:

http://dezskinn.com/studio-system/

davidandrewsimpson

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Hi

If you go to Ebay, select the Books category and search for Monster Club you'll find both Halls Of Horror 25, which reprints the Monster Club comic, and a John Bolton Monster Club print. Search for John Bolton's Halls Of Horror and you'll get both issues of that mini-series, reprinting most of Bolton's Monster Club comics adapatation in issue 1 with issue 2 reprinting the remaining MC story, plus a Bolton adaptation of One Million Years BC. All the JBHoH reprints are in colour; I assume the Halls Of Horror reprint is in black and white.

Chris J

Post by Chris J »

Brilliant. Thanks!