Animation Cel Artwork

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

matrix

Re: Animation Cel Artwork

Post by matrix »

There was a lot of work put into that exhibition, a great plug for the comic industry.

Has John Ryan always drawn his characters like that? You can also see 'Captain Pugwash' in the 'Lettice Leefe' strip. I have never seen the 'Captain Pugwash' comic strip, do you have any examples Phil, anyone?

Niblet

Post by Niblet »

philcom55 wrote:On the subject of comic artists moving into animation here's an article on the Buster and Whizzer & Chips artist Dave Follows who had an exhibition devoted to him in the Potteries Museum a few years ago.

To be honest I can't recall ever coming across 'Hungry Hamsters' on TV - but then I rarely watch the childrens' channels these days. Does anybody else remember seeing it?

- Phil Rushton
I'd never heard of it either (but like you I don't watch kids' TV). I found a clip which appears to be a test, so maybe the full series never happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJAYp8BDDes

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

Apart from the TV series and his strip in Eagle Captain Pugwash also starred in a number of 'Tin-Tin' style albums. Here's a page from 'The Quest of the Golden Handshake' which Ryan wrote and drew in 1983:

- Phil Rushton

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

John Ryan was a really good illustrator!