Quick Question about Scouse Mouse

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Dunder Ed

Quick Question about Scouse Mouse

Post by Dunder Ed »

I was reading my Whizzer and Chips and in the reader's section someone asked who drew Scouse Mouse and they said they could not tell them because they didn't want any other comic taking him. Who was the artist at the time?

Hard Truths

Re: Quick Question about Scouse Mouse

Post by Hard Truths »

George Nicholas, Julie Evans and Nigel Parkinson all drew the strip at some point, according to Peter Gray's comic website.

dishes

Post by dishes »

Dunder Ed wrote:I was reading my Whizzer and Chips and in the reader's section someone asked who drew Scouse Mouse and they said they could not tell them because they didn't want any other comic taking him. Who was the artist at the time?
That's unusually honest for a comic letters page!

Dunder Ed

Post by Dunder Ed »

Thanks for you help guys. I do enjoy reading the letter's pages for gems like that. I remember reading, also in W&C, that someone said how bad their ghost Sweeny Toddler artist was. I asume Tom Paterson's ego was lifted at remark.

NP

Post by NP »

Dunder Ed wrote:I was reading my Whizzer and Chips and in the reader's section someone asked who drew Scouse Mouse and they said they could not tell them because they didn't want any other comic taking him. Who was the artist at the time?
It was usually Julie Evans during the Whizzer and Chips era. I think George may have inked some of them. I did just the summer special story, none of the others

Dunder Ed

Post by Dunder Ed »

Thanks for your help NP