The Union Jack index

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

felneymike
Fence Sitter

The Union Jack index

Post by felneymike »

There was a thread pre-crash in which i mentioned creating a blog about the Union Jack storypaper, which i'm slowly and erratically building up a collection of (i got the first and last issues quite close together and decided to fill some gaps!). I'll be posting mini-reviews and interesting information on issues as i read them, which does mean it will be quite out of order, but... oh well. There's not an awful lot there at the moment though, and my reputation for maintaining websites is "not good", but i'll attempt to get reviews of the first few issues up tomorrow, i think i've read the first 3-4 in sequence but the book itself is not with me right now.

http://ujindex.blogspot.com/

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Re: The Union Jack index

Post by felneymike »

Double post!

After a "bit" of a gap i have added a new entry. I was trying to keep the reviews of the stories shorter but that didnt quite work :lol: .Still i'll attempt to do the same for issue 4, though that is a rather bizarre story that will require a lot of explanation, i fear. Still anybody who likes storypapers as well as comics can have a look back into the origins of one of the best!

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Triple post!

Didn't want to bother starting a new thread just for this announcement: I have started another blog, this one is going to be a lot more image-heavy with only the briefest of write-ups, i promise (i can get carried away, though :lol: ).

The only article at the moment, though, is about issue 11 of The Halfpenny Marvel from 1894. BUT the next post will be about something more up to date, before people start thinking i live in the 1890's!

http://blog.crystal-knights.co.uk/

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I was in Greenwich on Saturday and visited the Junk Shop, it had a second hand coffin outside leaning against the wall. Anyway inside they had a hardback book that collected several Christmas issues (complete) of the Union Jack, I was pondering on wether or not to buy it - it was only £3.50 but had a train to catch so left without it. May get it next Saturday. They also had a few of the Magnet hardback collections for £4-£6 apiece.

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Ah the famous Howard Baker reprints, there was hundreds of those, but only two Union Jack ones. There was also single issues in some of the Collector's Pie books, which also had odd Magnets and Gems as well as some Penny Popular and Nelson Lee issues.