Meegax the Warrior

For publications about British Comics and Story Papers; blog updates, heads-up to relevant websites etc!

Moderators: Al, AndyB

fústar

Meegax the Warrior

Post by fústar »

Howdy ho,

I have 2 good friends (brothers as it happens) who swear blind that they used to enjoy the comic book adventures of a character called (something like) "Meegax the Warrior" back in the late 70s/early 80s.

From what they tell me he was quite Tarzan-like so naturally I thought they were confusing 'Meegax' with Morgan the 'Mighty'.

They are adamant that it wasn't Morgan however so I'm stumped. Nothing a big nerd like myself likes more than such a challenge but searches for 'Meegax' haver turned up nada.

Are they both suffering identical false memories? Did 'Meegax' ever exist?

I place the question in your capable hands.

AztecComics

Re: Meegax the Warrior

Post by AztecComics »

Megax the warrior appeared in Spike comic in the 80's he was more of a Conan the Barbarian type character.

fústar

Re: Meegax the Warrior

Post by fústar »

Aztec/Captain,

Many thanks for clearing up the mystery.

I actually bought the first few issues of [iSpike[/i] (back in the day) before losing interest, but I don't have even the most distant of memories of Megax.

That link appears to be the only reference (other than this) to him online so I think we can safely file him in the 'obscure' category.

Any other info/links/pics greatly appreciated.